| You are in: UK: Northern Ireland | ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
|
Saturday, 20 April, 2002, 12:38 GMT 13:38 UK
Three charged over man's abduction
Three men have been remanded in custody at Belfast Magistrate's Court on charges of abducting a man.
The charges relate to an incident in south Belfast earlier this week. In the dock on Saturday were David John Moore, 20, from Rockland Street and John Pollins, 19, from Wauchope Court in the city. They are accused of abducting a 30-year old man from the Boucher Road in south Belfast on Wednesday night. The police said the victim was taken to Rockview Road where he was beaten. A third man charged with the abduction - Mark Howlings from Roosevelt Rise - is also accused of intimidation, causing actual bodily harm and having an offensive weapon - namely a baseball bat. A detective sergeant told the court he believed he could connect all three men with the charges. Mark Howlings was remanded in custody until 17 May and David Moore and John Pollins until 15 May, when they will appear via a videolink from Hydebank Young Offenders' Centre.
|
Top Northern Ireland stories now:
Links to more Northern Ireland stories are at the foot of the page.
|
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
|
Links to more Northern Ireland stories
|
|
|
^^ Back to top News Front Page | World | UK | UK Politics | Business | Sci/Tech | Health | Education | Entertainment | Talking Point | In Depth | AudioVideo ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- To BBC Sport>> | To BBC Weather>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- © MMIII | News Sources | Privacy |
|