| You are in: UK: Wales | ||||||||||||||||||||||
|
Monday, 15 October, 2001, 15:29 GMT 16:29 UK
Terror suspect is released
The man was questioned by detectives at Bangor
A man who was arrested by North Wales Police under the provisions of the Terrorism Act 2000 has been released without charge.
The 56-year-old man spent five days in custody, after being arrested in Snowdonia following a report of suspicious behaviour. On Sunday, the police were granted a warrant to hold the man for questioning until Tuesday. However, Detective Chief Inspector Mark Owen said that the matter was now closed following extensive inquiries. Police have refused to reveal any more details. Age confirmed The north Wales force had earlier confirmed the man's age and said he was arrested at Bangor police station on Thursday 11 October under provisions of the Terrorism Act. Police did not say why he was arrested or where he was immediately before the arrest took place. Nor have they given the man's nationality. A spokesman at Scotland Yard said they were aware of the situation, but did not take over the investigation.
|
See also:
Internet links:
The BBC is not responsible for the content of external internet sites Top Wales stories now:
Links to more Wales stories are at the foot of the page.
|
||||||||||||||||||||
Links to more Wales stories
|
|
|
^^ Back to top News Front Page | World | UK | UK Politics | Business | Sci/Tech | Health | Education | Entertainment | Talking Point | In Depth | AudioVideo ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- To BBC Sport>> | To BBC Weather>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- © MMIII | News Sources | Privacy |
|