The head of reconstruction in Indonesia's Aceh province has rejected a report which accused tsunami-hit countries of failing its victims.
The report complained of inadequate re-housing
The international aid agencies' report said many people, particularly women, had been inadequately housed after the December 2004 tsunami.
But Kunturo Mangkusubroto told the BBC he lived in Aceh and did not recognise the report's description.
He said Aceh did face difficulties but no-one had been forced from their land.
The report, by Action Aid and two other charities, was released at the UN headquarters in New York on Thursday. It accused governments of standing back as land was grabbed and communities pushed aside in favour of commercial interests.
The aid agencies said they found large numbers of people living in overcrowded temporary shelters or tents.
Women in Banda Aceh, Aceh's provincial capital, and the Maldives told the authors the poor living conditions left them open to sexual harassment and intimidation.
But Mr Mangkusubroto, head of the Aceh-Nias Reconstruction and Rehabilitation Programme, said that he had not witnessed any human rights violations in Aceh.
"There are a lot of difficulties still, but no discrimination either towards woman or landowner who refuses to leave their home where they lived before tsunami," he told the BBC's Indonesian Service.
Change under way
The report's authors visited 50,000 people in towns and villages in India, Sri Lanka, Indonesia, the Maldives and Thailand.
Action Aid chief executive, Ramesh Singh, said that a major effort was now needed to correct the wrongs seen during last year's response to the tsunami.
But the BBC's correspondent in Jakarta, Rachel Harvey, says a lot of the criticisms in the report, in relation to Aceh, have already been factored in.
The operation in Aceh has not been perfect, but it would be na´ve to imagine it would be, given the scale of the disaster, our correspondent says.