The Independent Police Complaints Commission is due to publish its report into the fatal police shooting in 2005 of Brazilian Jean Charles de Menezes.
Jean Charles de Menezes had come to live in the UK from Brazil
Its release was delayed by the trial of the Metropolitan Police over the case - the force was convicted last week of needlessly endangering the public.
The findings may add to pressure on Met Commissioner Sir Ian Blair to resign.
IPCC chairman Nick Hardwick said there would be a series of recommendations to try to prevent mistakes being repeated.
Mr Hardwick told BBC Radio 4's Today programme: "What's new in the report is the recommendations we make about what now needs to happen to put things right.
"What we want to do is move this on now to what needs to happen to reduce the risks in future and try and make sure that police anti-terrorist operations are more effective and the same mistakes are not made again."
Mr Hardwick said there had been a "significant corporate failing" on the part of the force.
He said the recommendations would focus on failings in the police's strategy and communications.
The report is set to contain details of the case not heard during the trial.
On Wednesday, Sir Ian received a vote of no confidence from London Assembly members.
The IPCC interviewed witnesses, including police officers, who did not give evidence at the health and safety trial which ended last week.
This is because the prosecution only had to show that the police had not taken reasonable precautions to protect the public.
The report is expected to highlight confusion between the roles of different commanders on the day of the shooting - the day after the 21 July 2005 failed suicide bombing attempt in London - as well as serious communication failures.
The report will make 15 separate recommendations.
Mr de Menezes was shot dead by firearms officers at Stockwell Tube station after he was mistaken for a suicide bomber.
A jury at the Old Bailey ruled that the force broke health and safety laws when its officers shot him.
Four officers still face possible disciplinary action over the incident.
The motion of no confidence was passed in Sir Ian by the London Assembly by 15 votes to eight.
Sir Ian Blair continues to face calls for his resignation
Sir Ian repeated his apology for the fatal shooting prior to the assembly's vote, but insisted he would not resign.
He also said his force would not appeal against the conviction for breaching health and safety laws.
He acknowledged that he had made "widely-publicised" mistakes, but said that Londoners would judge him on falling crime figures and safer streets.
Sir Ian told the assembly that he would have resigned if he had been guilty of "a series of failings".
However, he said it would be wrong for him to stand down on the basis of one operation going wrong when the Met had successfully countered a string of terrorist threats.
He added: "There are three options here. There is resign now and walk away. There is cling on, and be pushed out.
"Or there is the one that I am going to do, which is survive."