BBC Home
Explore the BBC
BBC News
Launch consoleBBC NEWS CHANNEL
Last Updated: Wednesday, 20 July 2005, 17:02 GMT 18:02 UK
List of the bomb blast victims
Police have named all 52 known victims of the London bombers. Some families have also released statements, paying tribute to loved ones lost in the attacks.


James Adams, 32, of Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, died in the Tube explosion between King's Cross and Russell Square.

James Adams
James Adams: "Deeply loved son and brother"

He was on his way to his office in the Strand, where he worked as a mortgage adviser, when he was killed.

He was a member of the Bretton Baptist Church, in Peterborough, where he had been a deacon for two years.

His parents, Elaine and Ernest Adams, said in a statement issued through police that they held "no religion or faith accountable".

"James was a deeply loved son and brother, who lived and loved life to the full," he said.

"We do not know who is ultimately responsible for our loss but we do not hold any religion or faith accountable."


Lee Baisden, 34, an accountant from Romford, Essex, is thought to have died at Aldgate.


Phil Beer, 22, from Borehamwood, Herts, was on the Underground with friend Patrick Barnes when the explosion struck between King's Cross and Russell Square on Thursday.

Phil Beer - Picture supplied by Sanrizz

His family said Mr Beer, a hairdresser, was a "fun-loving and colourful" character who had red and black hair, a lip stud and a tattoo of a Celtic dragon on his arm.

Mr Beer's family has requested that mourners wear bright colours on the day of his funeral to reflect his personality.

In a statement, they said: "His loss has left us feeling very empty and we miss his infectious loud laugh."


Polish citizen Ania Brandt, 41, lived in Wood Green.

She took the Tube from there at 0800 BST, heading towards Gunnersbury. She is believed to have died in the Russell Square bombing.


Father-of-two Stan Brewster, 52, from Derby, was a council highways engineer on his way to a conference at West Kensington, London.

Mr Brewster lived with his wife Sandra in Swanwick, Derbyshire, and had a daughter Katie, 20, and son Mark, 17.

In a short statement issued by Derbyshire Police, his family said: "Stan's needless and inhuman death has touched all of our family, close friends and the community at large.

"Our lives have changed in a split second, but our memories will last forever."


Ciaran Cassidy, 22, lived with his parents in Finsbury Park.

Offers support for all those affected by London bombs
Latest information and investigation updates available
Address: Lindley Hall, 80 Vincent Square, SW1P 2PE
24 hr line: 0845 054 7444

He was last seen heading into work in Chancery Lane and he died between Russell Square and King's Cross.

After extensive checks of the hospitals since last Thursday for any news of the shop worker, Ciaran's father Sean said: "We have no hope whatsoever. I believe he is gone."


Rachelle Lieng Siong Chung For Yuen

The husband and friends of Ms Chung For Yuen, 27, handed out leaflets across the West End and at stations and hospitals in London in a desperate attempt to find her.

"She was travelling from Mill Hill and would have gone through King's Cross," one friend told BBC News.

It appears that Ms Chung For Yuen, an accountant who was originally from Mauritius, was killed in the explosion between King's Cross and Russell Square stations.


Benedetta Ciaccia

Italian Benedetta Ciaccia, 30, who lived in Norwich, was due to travel on the Tube from Liverpool Street station on the morning of the bombings.

Business analyst Miss Ciaccia, who had worked in London for 10 years, was preparing to marry her fiance, Fiaz Bhatti, also of Norwich, in September.

Ms Ciaccia had just completed a five-year part-time degree course in IT and worked in The Strand. Her fiance paid tribute to her saying she was a "lively, strong and independent woman".


Elizabeth Daplyn
Elizabeth Daplyn leaves behind dozens who loved her

Elizabeth Daplyn, a 26-year-old administrator from north London, died in the Piccadilly Line blast while travelling to work at University College Hospital.

In a statement her family said: "Liz leaves behind dozens of people who lovedand admired her, including her boyfriend Rob, parents Pam and Mike and sister Eleanor.

Her family said she was a talented artist and musician who read Fine Art at Oxford University.


Mr Downey, 34, of Milton Keynes, died in the Edgware Road blast.

His family issued a statement on Friday which read: "Jon was the youngest of a family of five, who spent a happy and fulfilled childhood in Corby, Northamptonshire.

"He was a kind, caring, considerate and supportive son, husband and friend.

"His career was developing successfully as HR Systems Development Officer with the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea.

"He will be sorely missed by his wife, family and many friends."


Richard Ellery, 21, was travelling into Liverpool Street station on his way from his home in Ipswich.

He was on his way to work at Jessops store in Kensington.


Anthony Fatayi-Williams was last seen by friends at about 0830 BST at Camden Town Tube station.

He was on his way to work at Amec Offshore Services, near Liverpool Street station, but is thought to have taken an alternative route to work, via King's Cross, because of delays on the Northern Line.

He died in the number 30 bus blast at Tavistock Square.

His death was confirmed when an inquest was opened in London on Thursday.

In the days after the bombings, Mr Fatayi-Williams' mother Marie made an emotional plea for information about his whereabouts.


David Foulkes
David Foulkes was described as a "super lad" by his parents

David Foulkes, 22, from Oldham, Greater Manchester, died in the Edgware Road explosion after travelling to London to meet a friend.

His parents paid tribute to a "super lad" who had just begun work in the media sales department of the Guardian newspaper.


Arthur Edlin Frederick, 60, of Seven Sisters, north London, died in the Piccadilly Line train at Russell Square.


Karolina Gluck

Karolina Gluck is thought to have died in the Piccadilly Line explosion between King's Cross and Russell Square stations.

She had taken the tube from Finsbury Park towards Russell Square, where she worked.

The 29-year-old administrative worker came from Poland.


The family of City worker Jamie Gordon, 30, said he had "touched many people's lives".

Jamie Gordon, pictured with girlfriend Yvonne Nash
Jamie Gordon planned to marry girlfriend Yvonne Nash

His body was recovered from the Tavistock Square bus.

Mr Gordon, of Enfield, north London, had not been heard from since calling his work, City Asset Management, on Thursday morning to say he was on a bus between Euston and King's Cross.

A statement released by his family and partner Yvonne Nash described him as a "kind, caring person who always put other people first".

The statement said: "He loved life but didn't take it too seriously.

"He was very much in love with Yvonne and finally settling down with plans for a wedding and family."


Father-of-two Richard Gray, 41, from Ipswich in Suffolk, caught his usual train to Liverpool Street and then took the Tube, but never returned home.

His family described him as a "wonderful, loving father" and an "extremely loving, caring and sensitive husband".


Gamze Gunoral, 24, left her aunt's house to catch the Tube. The Turkish national, who lived in Barnet, was on her way to her language college in Hammersmith, west London.


Architect Lee Harris, 30, died overnight in hospital on July 15, more than a week after he was caught up in the Tube bombing near King's Cross.

Lee Harris and Samantha Badham

He had been travelling with his partner, 36-year-old Samantha Badham, who on Saturday was also identified as a victim of the atrocities.

The couple met at Hereford Lads Club when Lee was 17 and preparing for his Duke of Edinburgh Silver Award. Samantha, then 23, was on the club's committee.

The couple normally cycled or drove to work but had taken the Tube on 7 July as they had planned a romantic dinner in the evening.

In a joint statement, their families said:

"They were a devoted couple and everyone who came into contact with them took to them immediately.

"We will miss them both and will always make them proud of us in what we do as we were proud of them."


Giles Hart

British Telecom worker Giles Hart, 55, was travelling from Hornchurch to Angel and died in the Tavistock Square bus bomb.

He is survived by a wife, as well as two children, a daughter and a son.

"Giles was always a champion of liberty and human rights and a campaigner against political injustice and bigotry," his family said in a statement. "It is tragic that he fell victim to the very evil against which he had struggled."


Marie Hartley, 34, from Oswaldtwistle, Lancashire, was in London on a course when she died.


Miriam Hyman
Miriam Hyman was on the number 30 bus after leaving King's Cross station
Miriam Hyman, a picture researcher, last spoke to her father at 0945 BST on Thursday after coming out of King's Cross station.

The 31-year-old was sitting on the pavement and said that she was fine.

She was travelling to work at Canary Wharf, but was told by her agency not to come in.

She died in the bus blast at Tavistock Square.

Her family said: "Miriam was a well-loved person with friends going back to infant school.

"We would like to thank all those who prayed for her safe return and everyone who gave so much time and effort to help us in the search.


Ojara Ikeagwu
Ojara Ikeagwu caught her usual train
Mother-of-three Ojara Ikeagwu, from Luton, caught her usual train to King's Cross station to go to her job in west London.

From there, the 55-year-old social worker would have taken a Piccadilly Line Tube to Hounslow.


Shahara Islam

Shahara A Islam, 20, had not been seen since Thursday morning. A British-Bangladeshi woman, she lived with her parents in Plaistow, east London.

She worked as a cashier at the Co-operative Bank at Angel, Islington.

A member of the family received a "missed call" on his mobile from Shahara around the time that the bombs detonated.

Shahara's uncle, Nazmul Hasan, said that his niece was a lively young woman who made friends easily.

Police believe she died in the bus blast at Tavistock Square, but in all cases this can only be officially confirmed by a coroner's inquest.


Gous Ali last heard from his girlfriend Neetu Jain, 37, at about 0930 BST on Thursday, telling him she had been evacuated from Euston station and was getting a bus to her place of work in Old Street.

The 32-year-old property developer from Hendon, north London, said he had feared she had been killed.

The inquest into Miss Jain's death was opened and adjourned on Friday.


Emily Jenkins

Emily Jenkins' brother James Bowles last heard that Emily, 24, was catching the southbound Piccadilly line from Russell Square on her way to work.

In a statement, her family said Emily's love of children had set her on the path to becoming a midwife.

"Emily will be remembered for her enthusiasm and her deep passion for her family and friends. Emily touched all who met her and she will be sorely missed."


Father-of-two Adrian Johnson, 38, of Sutton-in-Ashfield, was travelling on the Piccadilly line train when a bomb exploded on it between King's Cross and Russell Square.

Adrian Johnson
Father-of-two Adrian Johnson was a keen sports fan

A technical manager at Burberry, his family described him as a passionate sportsman and keen supporter of Mansfield Town Football Club.

He leaves his wife of 13 years, Catherine, and two children, Christopher, nine, and Rebekah, six.

His family said he was a "wonderful, caring, family man who adored his wife and two young children".

"His loyal and compassionate nature won him friends and admiration wherever he went.

"It is extremely difficult for us to come to terms with the fact that Adrian was amongst those killed and that we will never see him again."


The family of Helen Jones released a statement through the police at the weekend saying they believed she had died in the bombings but she has not been formally identified as a victim.

Helen Jones

The 28-year-old, a consultant for an equity company, who lived in Holloway, was last heard from on Thursday morning by boyfriend Clive Brooks before she got on the Piccadilly line.

In a statement issued on 10 July her family said they believed Helen was in one of the Tube carriages involved in the blasts.

Ms Jones, who grew up in Annan, near Lockerbie, Dumfriesshire, held a senior position with Senior Equity Partners in central London.

She worked at PricewaterhouseCoopers in Glasgow for several years and was a volunteer with Glasgow City Mission.

Her mother Liz Staffell and stepfather David Gould had travelled to London to try to find her.

On 18 July, a request for her funeral to be held in Scotland was granted by coroner Dr Andrew Reid, at St Pancras Coroner's Court.


Susan Levy, 53, from Cuffley, Hertfordshire, was the first victim of the London bombings to be formally identified.

Susan Levy
Susan was a devoted and much loved wife and mother. We are all devastated by our loss
Husband Harry Levy

Mrs Levy had travelled in to London with one of her two grown-up sons, before they went their separate ways for work.

She had been travelling on the Piccadilly line when the Russell Square bomb exploded.

An inquest into her death opened on Monday.

Her husband Harry said she was a "much-loved wife and mother".


Sam Ly was a 28-year-old Australian who died in hospital on Friday of injuries sustained in the bus bomb blast.

Mr Ly, from Melbourne, was a passenger on board the bus that was targeted in Tavistock Square, Foreign Minister Alexander Downer said.

You can rest assured that the Australian government will do all it can to assist the British
Alexander Downer
Australian foreign minister

The only Australian known to have been killed in the bombings, Mr Ly had recently moved to London with his girlfriend to work in the IT industry.

His father and nephew had flown to London to be at his bedside.


Shelley Mather, 26, had been living and working in London for three years.

She held dual passports with New Zealand and Irish citizenship and is the only New Zealander known to have died in the bombings.

In a statement, her parents said: "Shelley was a beautiful and vibrant girl who was truly loving, caring and giving."


Mike Matsushita, 37, a former tour guide, was a Vietnamese-American.


James Mayes
James Mayes' friends hoped desperately to find him alive

Friends of James Mayes took photographs of the missing 28- year-old to the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel in a bid to track him down in the days after the attacks.

He left his flat in Islington, north London, on Thursday morning, and was believed to have been travelling on the Piccadilly Line through King's Cross station on his way to a seminar in Holborn.

Mr Mayes worked as an analyst for the Healthcare Commission in Old Street.

In a statement, his family said Mr Mayes was a devoted son and loving brother.

"He had many friends and family who cared for him, all of whom now deeply mourn his death.

"His deep respect and concern for others, irrespective of faith or creed, allowed him to always see the good in everyone, and stands as an absolute contradiction to the traits of those who perpetrated this awful tragedy.


Anne Moffat, 48, from Old Harlow, Essex, was head of marketing and communications for Girlguiding UK.

A statement released by Essex Police on behalf of her brothers Chris and Tom Moffat confirmed she was a victim of the bomb on the Circle Line between Liverpool Street and Aldgate.

"Close family and friends mourn her tragic loss and wish to be given privacy to grieve as Anne herself would have wished," the statement said.

Girlguiding UK staff and volunteers expressed their "deepest sadness" at Ms Moffat's death.

"Anne had worked for Girlguiding UK for over 20 years and had touched many people's lives," a statement said.

"A truly special person who was talented, warm and gracious, she will be truly missed."


Aged 52, Mr Morley was from Finchley in north London.


Behnaz Mozakka, 48, a biomedical officer, has been missing since travelling to work at Great Ormond Street Children's Hospital.

Ms Mozakka, from Finchley, north London, is thought to have been killed in the King's Cross blast on the Piccadilly Line.


Jennifer Nicholson
Jennifer Nicholson commuted to London from Reading
Jennifer Nicholson, 24, of Bristol, worked for a musical company in London.

She had lived in Reading for five years with her boyfriend, after going to university there.

Police said she died at Edgware Road.


Mihaela Otto, 46, died in the explosion on the Tube between King's Cross and Russell Square.

She was a dental technician who lived at Mill Hill. She was known as Michelle.

She died at Russell Square.


Shayanu Parathasangary
Shayanu Parathasangary lived with her parents in Kensal Rise
Shyanuja Parathasangary, 30, died on the number 30 bus.

She was last seen by her parents when she left the home they shared in Kensal Rise on Thursday morning to go to work at the Royal Mail office in Alder Street.

She boarded a train at Kensal Green at 0855 BST and arrived at Euston station at 0908 BST.


Anat Rosenberg, 29, a charity worker from Israel, was killed on the Number 30 bus in Tavistock Square.

She was talking to her boyfriend over the phone when he heard the blast followed by screams before the line went dead.

Boyfriend John Falding said: "The irony of all these terrible things is that she was afraid of going back to Israel because she was scared of suicide bombings on buses."


The body of Philip Russell, 28, from west London, was also recovered from the Tavistock Square bus blast site.

Philip Stuart Russell
Philip Russell's father said his son had taken the wrong bus

An inquest into his death was due to be opened on Tuesday.

On Thursday morning he called his parents and then his bosses at JP Morgan to say he was just getting on a bus and was going to be late.

His father Grahame, 62, said, because the Tube had not stopped at his son's usual stop of Moorgate, he had ended up in unfamiliar Euston and had taken the wrong bus.

He said: "I am just trying to mourn and grieve his loss.

"He's a wonderful kid that was in the wrong place at the wrong time."


Attique Sharifi, an Afghan national, died in the Russell Square bombing.

I am glad the world has woken up
Afghan President Hamid Karzai

The 24-year-old was living in Hounslow, west London.

Dr Abdul Wahab, deputy head of mission at the Afghan embassy, said Mr Sharifi had some distant relatives in the UK but not his close family.

Dr Wahab said relatives had told him Mr Sharifi caught a train every day from King's Cross station.


Slimane Ihab

Ihab Slimane, a 24-year-old waiter from Paris, had lived in England for three weeks.

Mr Slimane, a computer programmer of Tunisian origin, had gone to London to improve his English.

On 7 July, he was due to take the Piccadilly Line to work as a waiter in central London. Nothing was heard from him after then.


Christian Small

Christian "Njoya" Small left his flat at 0800 BST on Thursday on his way to work in Holborn. He never arrived.

Mr Small, 28, from Walthamstow, east London, worked in advertising sales.

His route would have involved changing to the Piccadilly Line either at Finsbury Park or King's Cross.


Fiona Stevenson, 29, a solicitor living in central London, failed to arrive at work on Thursday morning.

Fiona Stevenson

In an earlier statement, her parents, from Little Badow, Essex, described her as "irreplaceable".

"She has been described as articulate, strong-willed, vibrant, energetic, caring, generous and, as her friends and sister always said, she never held a grudge," the statement read.


Colleagues last heard from Monika Suchocka, 23, in a text message she sent saying she was getting on a bus on Thursday morning at about 0840 BST.

Ms Suchocka, a trainee accountant from Poland, was living in Archway, north London.

She is thought to have been killed on the Piccadilly Line train at Russell Square.


The mother of Carrie Taylor 24, last saw her at Liverpool Street station as the pair travelled from their home in Billericay, Essex, together.

Ms Taylor is believed to have died in the Aldgate bombing.


Police have not issued any further details about Mala Trivedi.


Laura Webb

Laura Susan Webb, who was 29 and lived in Islington, died in the explosion at Edgware Road.

"Laura was a wonderful young person and an example of how to live life," her family said.

"She was kind, loving and beautiful and all of us are better people for having had her in our lives."


William Wise died in the bus blast at Tavistock Square.

Police say his family asked that no other details about him should be released.


Gladys Wundowa
Mrs Wundowa came from Ghana

A University College London cleaner, Gladys Wundowa, 50, was on the number 30 bus when the bomb exploded in Tavistock Square.

Mrs Wundowa worked in the department of civil and environmental engineering.

Her husband Emanuel, 53, from Chadwell Heath, Essex, had said he had been "beside himself with worry".

If you know someone who died in the London bomb attacks on 7 July, and would like to send us a tribute, use the form below. Your comments may be used as part of a forthcoming tributes page, in which case we will contact you prior to publication. Please include a daytime phone number, if possible.

Your name
Your e-mail address
Your city/country - and phone number
Your tribute (please clearly indicate the victim's name)

The BBC may edit your comments and not all emails will be published. Your comments may be published on any BBC media worldwide.


Americas Africa Europe Middle East South Asia Asia Pacific