A man arrested in Manchester in connection with a suicide bombing in Iraq has been released by police.
Forensics officers examined the house
The 40-year-old, who was not named, was held under anti-terror laws in the Moss Side area of the city last Tuesday.
Police said he was thought to have shared a house with a French man suspected of an attack on coalition troops in February 2005.
Releasing him, police said inquiries would continue, but the man posed no direct threat to the public.
'People did know'
Police were trying to establish how the suspected suicide bomber got to Iraq and if he had links to anyone else.
The man arrested in Manchester was not thought to be related to the alleged attacker, but police described him as an associate.
Announcing his release, Assistant Chief Constable Dave Whatton said inquiries would continue for some "considerable time", but that they had so far confirmed that the suspected bomber died during an attack in Iraq.
While there was no direct threat to the UK related to the inquiry, he said: "What has become clear in the last week is that a number of people did know about the attack and the death of this man."
Following the 40-year-old's arrest, forensic experts searched the house in Great Southern Street.
Items including documents were removed from the house for examination.
A red Peugeot, a white Fiat Uno and a black Vauxhall Cavalier, thought to belong to the occupants of the house, were also removed.
Assistant Chief Constable Whatton appealed for information about the suicide bombing or "any other incident of people going to fight in Iraq" to contact police on 0161 856 7384.