An East Lothian dog owner has saved her pet's life by giving her the kiss of life after she choked on a large piece of meat.
The owner saved her West Highland Terrier's life
West Highland Terrier, Daisy, was struggling for breath when her owner, May Buchanan, 37, found her at their home in Port Seton.
Mrs Buchanan explained how she removed the piece of meat before giving her pet mouth-to-mouth resuscitation.
Daisy choked on a large piece of food stolen from another dog's bowl.
Mrs Buchanan said: "I'd cut bigger pieces for my huskies and smaller pieces for the Westies.
"But Daisy is so greedy and she just nabbed one of the bigger pieces."
Mrs Buchanan followed the instructions of a local vet, over the phone, to remove the meat from the dog's throat before giving her mouth-to-mouth resuscitation and massaging her heart until she and husband Michael were able to get Daisy to the nearest veterinary surgery.
The eight-year-old dog has now made a full recovery.
Recounting the incident, Mrs Buchanan added: "I got down beside Daisy and tried to remove the meat from her throat. But I was bitten because her jaws were locking.
"When the vets answered the phone I shouted that my dog was choking. The receptionist ran off straight away and brought the vet to the phone."
The vet at Dunedin Veterinary Centre in Tranent, East Lothian, was able to talk Mrs Buchanan through the mouth-to-mouth resuscitation.