London Underground has been celebrating the centenary of the Piccadilly Line. The line opened in 1906 running from Finsbury Park to Hammersmith.
Finsbury Park station was originally the northernmost point of the line.
Gillespie Road station, close to Arsenal's former home stadium Highbury, changed its name to Arsenal in 1932, at the suggestion of the football club's manager, Herbert Chapman.
The Piccadilly Line was extended north to Arnos Grove in 1932.
And the line was extended west to Hounslow West and Uxbridge and further north to Cockfosters in 1933.
Films about the extensions were shown to the public at Charing Cross station in 1932.
The 1930s also saw the construction of the Art Deco stations designed by Charles Holden, such as Sudbury Town.
Work to extend the line westwards to Heathrow began in the early 1970s.
Stations serving Heathrow Airport's terminals 1, 2, and 3 opened in 1977. Terminal 4 station opened in 1986 and the new Terminal 5 station is due to open in May 2008.