Take That star Howard Donald was forced to miss a show on the band's European tour after suffering a chest injury while on stage.
Take That are continuing without Howard (second from right)
The 39-year-old singer is recovering in hospital in Austria after sustaining the injury during an earlier concert.
He requested the gig in Vienna go ahead with just his three group mates.
"I've never had to miss a show before, it's unbelievably frustrating being sat in a hospital when I should be on stage with the guys," he said.
A spokeswoman for the group could not give information about the seriousness of Donald's injury or how exactly it happened.
Before Friday's gig, Take That's three other members promised fans a good night despite Donald's absence.
"Our friend's health is of the utmost priority and we wish him a speedy recovery, we'll make sure tonight's show is still a fantastic experience for the fans," they said.
Their next show is in Zurich on Saturday night.
The group - whose other members are Mark Owen, Gary Barlow and Jason Orange - are currently on their Beautiful World European tour which began in Belfast on 11 October and ends in Manchester on 20 November.
The tour follows on from their chart-topping comeback album of the same name and its UK dates sold out in three hours when tickets went on sale in March.
Six additional concerts were added to the foursome's arena tour, who sealed their comeback earlier this year with a Brit award for best single Patience.
The chart-topping song was followed by their second comeback number one Shine - the 10th song of their career to go to the top spot.
In December, Take That topped the singles and album charts simultaneously for the first time in their career with Patience and Beautiful World respectively.
At the height of their fame, Take That became the first act since the Beatles to score four consecutive UK number ones.
Their 15 hits included Relight My Fire, Could It Be Magic and Back For Good, and the band notched up 10 million album sales before splitting in 1996.