BBC Home
Explore the BBC
BBC News
Launch consoleBBC NEWS CHANNEL
Last Updated: Friday, 31 March 2006, 12:57 GMT 13:57 UK
Nail glue causes chemical alert
Liverpool John Lennon Airport
Passengers were delayed for about two hour because of the alert
A chemical alert was sparked at an airport after a beautician's nail glue leaked from her suitcase.

Two baggage handlers were treated in hospital after being overcome by the fumes at Liverpool John Lennon Airport.

They reported feeling unwell after they smelled a noxious gas as they opened the hold of a Ryanair flight from Reus in Spain on Wednesday.

An airport spokesman said passengers were delayed for about two hours as a specialist chemical unit investigated.

He said the two workers were taken to hospital as a precaution after they reported feeling sick after smelling the substance.

It later emerged the chemical was nail glue which had spilled in a passenger's bag.




RELATED INTERNET LINKS:
The BBC is not responsible for the content of external internet sites


PRODUCTS AND SERVICES

Americas Africa Europe Middle East South Asia Asia Pacific