A chemical alert was sparked at an airport after a beautician's nail glue leaked from her suitcase.
Passengers were delayed for about two hour because of the alert
Two baggage handlers were treated in hospital after being overcome by the fumes at Liverpool John Lennon Airport.
They reported feeling unwell after they smelled a noxious gas as they opened the hold of a Ryanair flight from Reus in Spain on Wednesday.
An airport spokesman said passengers were delayed for about two hours as a specialist chemical unit investigated.
He said the two workers were taken to hospital as a precaution after they reported feeling sick after smelling the substance.
It later emerged the chemical was nail glue which had spilled in a passenger's bag.