Page last updated at 16:51 GMT, Saturday, 24 January 2009

Woman, 99, dies in bungalow fire

The scene of the fire
The fire is thought to have been started by a discarded cigarette

A 99-year-old woman has been found dead in a fire at a bungalow in Worcestershire.

Fire crews were called to the home in Old Wood Road, Tenbury Wells, shortly before 0600 GMT.

Firefighters said they found the body of the woman, who has not yet been identified.

A fire service spokesperson said the blaze was thought to have been caused by a discarded cigarette. Police said there were no suspicious circumstances.

Print Sponsor

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Has China's housing bubble burst?
How the world's oldest clove tree defied an empire
Why Royal Ballet principal Sergei Polunin quit


Sign in

BBC navigation

Copyright © 2017 BBC. The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. Read more.

This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.

Americas Africa Europe Middle East South Asia Asia Pacific