A music fan died from inhaling his own vomit at Glastonbury Festival, a coroner has ruled.
Simon Spencer was helping his friend as a technical assistant
Simon Spencer, 34, lost consciousness on 30 June as he
waited for a lift at the end of the festival.
The father-of-one from Didsbury, Manchester, had gone to the event to help his music producer friend as a technical assistant.
An inquest in Wells, Somerset, heard how the website designer had eaten a curry and then complained of feeling unwell.
It is thought he fell asleep on the grass before being sick and
Pathologist Charlotte Fisher said a post-mortem examination revealed he died from respiratory failure.
Dr Fisher said that small amounts of ecstasy were found in his blood and some cocaine was found in his urine.
But she added these were not thought to be linked to his death.
She said: "I think this is just a very rare, very unfortunate incident."
Mr Spencer's friend Carl Myatt, who ran a jewellery stall at the festival, told the hearing he was with him on the day he died.
He said he had arranged a lift for Mr Spencer who had got them curries while he packed up his stall.
He said Mr Spencer was sick but "seemed fine" and "just a bit
tired" before going to lie on the grass and drink some water.
But when he went to check on him he had gone blue and was unconscious.
A festival worker, police and paramedics helped him try to resuscitate Mr Spencer, but without success.
Coroner Tony Williams recorded a verdict of death by natural causes.